Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Myrtle Beach

MB has changed since the last time we were there.
OR maybe I have!
The last vacation we stayed at a golf course so the downtown and the beach weren't part of the equation. This time I took a chances and booked a ocean front condo south of downtown. Mike loves to walk on the beach and I like the sound of the ocean.

We get to our resort and they give us our room key. I walk into the room and tell Mike I don't think I can stay here for a whole week. He calls down to the desk and asks for another room. Oh Boy! Really?
I had a choice to make.
Either we can stay on the first floor (which is actually on the second floor) close to everything including the pool, restaurant, and parking and all the noise right under our balcony.
OR
We can be on 20th floor (penthouse)  REALLY high (I hate heights and am not to fond of elevators). where I would  NOT go out on the balcony all vacation.

We choose:
It turned out not so bad. I loved that we could keep our drapes and sliding door open all the time. The bedroom was at the other end of the condo so I could pretend that we were lower at night for sleeping. It was especially nice when they power washed the pool decks at 7:00 am.

The only problem came on the second night when the fire alarm went off at 1:35 am. We had to evacuate the building and we hoofed it down 20 flights only to be told it's a false alarm.
View from inside our room.


 
I did venture out on to the balcony for short periods of time. Mike is down there somewhere in the ocean.
Mike has talked about playing King's North for several years now. It can get pricey so we just didn't do it. This year for his birthday we played it. The gambler is a par 5 with island fairways. I hit it my first attempt. Mike on his second. Way fun. I took Jon and Erica's wedding golf ball and used it on the par 3's. Thinking the luck would bring me a hole in one. I got 3 pars and then lost it on the 13th island green par 3.
 
We spent the weekend on the beach. Mike under a rented umbrella and me out in the sun.
 
I think we showed our age a few times. We would head to the pool in the late afternoon when it was less crowded. We found our self at the dinner theater instead of the bars. On the last day (travel day) we went downtown and shopped and then took in a movie to pass the time.
I missed our travel partners, Sharen and Dup, big time.

1 comment:

Sharen said...

Next time, we are there!!!