Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Sunflower

I have talked about painting flowers down the fence in our backyard. Big project and I never got around to doing it.  I just picked out the flowers and talked about doing it.

When the doors on the shed got to the point that they badly needing replacing, I thought here is my chance to paint something- on a smaller scale.

Mike had the doors made in a weekend.
It took me a little longer to paint them.
I know I was going to paint a sunflower.
Step 1 - Spray paint the background. green outside and a accent black inside the center.
 Step 2 - add brown to the center and first layer of petals
 step 3 - add accents to the center of 1st layer of petals and layer another row of petals.
I took a look from far away and decided it needed much more color. It looked way different close up.
 I finally told Mike that I was done with trying to make it any better. Put this bad boy up so I will leave it alone.
 TaaDaa. The shed has new doors. And the center on the flower actually lined up.


The neighbor loves it. Turns out sunflowers are her favorite flower.

No comments: