Thursday, October 18, 2018

Walk for Luke

Again this year Mike and I joined the crowds to walk the 5K for Comers Children's Hospital. We do it in support of Luke's Dr. and his team - Team Robo Kids.
It was a perfect morning for a walk. Turns out it was warmer in Chicago than Elgin and I was a tad bit overdressed but removed my earmuff, scarf and unzipped and I was good to go.
This University of Chicago campus is beautiful and the surrounding homes.

Mike and I did cut over on a side street and cut a few blocks off the race, but we made up for it just walking back and forth from the car. Anyway that is what I'm telling myself.

The teddy bear was back for his annual checkup. Luke tended to just his ear, but Owen had to do the full exam. Blood pressure and all - ending with a flu shot.



We ended the day with a short trip to Owen's birthday party to give him his presents. He was having 8 kids (and their parents) over to his house for a party - We didn't stay for that part.
He told me he wanted a puppy for his birthday. We got him 6, along with a dog house, dog bed and a dog quilt.
We put our ideas together and came up with this. The roof opens up and there is cubbies inside for all the dogs to sleep in. He loved it.
Owen and his Dog House
Happy Birthday Owen!




No comments: