Friday, June 21, 2019

Wood Splitting

We have had this pile of wood for 3 years. Just sitting there like a beaver dam in our backyard..
Every time we would talk about splitting it, we would find an excuse not too. Mostly because we have so much firewood and Mike and I didn't want to tackle it alone.
In steps Logan.
What a godsend this Grandson is.
Mike went over to Home Depot and rented a splitter early.
Logan showed up right after his early morning conditioning for football and we got to work.
After doing this a few times, Mike and I had a routine and Logan jumped right in - doing ALL the heavy lifting.
Logan lifted the logs unto the splitter
I had gotten a pretty good fire going and would clean up as they went, putting all the bark and debris in the firepit. Like I said this wood has been sitting for 3 years so the bark was falling off pretty good. Big Fire going. Which was still hot the next day.

I did help some with the splitter
After about 4.5 hours - we took a 1/2 hour lunch break - we got the pile split.
down to the last few
I am so glad we didn't take the trunk or the larger pieces. We had our hands full with just the smaller limbs. Pretty sure that this is our last time wood splitting.

Now we have a pile of split wood. Ha, at least it's split and I can stack it at my leisure.
Logan told me he would come back and help, because "That's what grandsons do."
I paid him well and told him I loved him.
Because that is what Grandmas do!!!

No comments: