Saturday, October 16, 2021

Road Trip

 It all started out as a conversation Mike and I had about vacations. We have not gone on a trip since FL in 2/20. I have never been northwest and he has only driven thru it. So "Go West" it is.

We always like to stop along the way and what better place to start this trip then the Field of Dreams. I don't remember if I ever saw the movie - Tell you the truth I don't remember much about any movies. Just my favorites. I Watched the movie again and was pretty sure I never seen it before. Who would forget a movie with a little girl named Karen?


It was a windy, rainy day, but it seems Someone up there was looking out for us, because the rain stopped long enough to walk thru the corn in the outfield.




If you build it will they come? Well, walking out to the mound, I'm sure I heard my brother yelling at me from the dugout. Mom and Dad along with Brandy, the dog, were most definitely sitting in their lawn chairs waiting for the game to start.



Mike stood at home plate and I'm pretty sure he saw his best friend growing up, John running out from the dugout to first base. And for certain his Dad was behind the plate screaming "Play Ball"

So was it Heaven?  Can't say for sure, but I know for certain.

IF YOU VISIT IT - THEY WILL COME.

No comments: