Friday, February 22, 2008

Thursday Night Bowling



This is my bowling team! They are the reason I get my butt moving on Thursday nights!
We travel to state tournaments together and have the best time with each other.

Cheryl - We are in our ninth year together. She is married to my nephew Craig. I asked her to bowl with me one summer night when the men were playing softball and we been together ever since. She is the only leftie on the team. She won the State tournament in 2002 and she has a bowling term named after her. A Reuter! Get a strike after throwing a gutter in the same frame. A spare the hard way. (throw it on a strike and get a true Reuter!)
Michelle - She's the tall blond. She was in our league for 8 years but only on our team for the last 7. She is the one I travel the US with bowling in tournaments together. (Milwaukee, Wichita, Reno, Charlotte, and heading to Detroit in May). She's our best bowler with an average of only 185 this year (193 last yr) and I would put her up against anybody in the clutch.
Deanna - She was a friend of Michelle's and now she's our friend too. She has been with us for the last 5 years. She keeps us loose and laughing with her lisp impersonations. She is the best at bowling through her legs. She got repremanded at a tournament for doing it. She has also fallen on her face because her shoes were wet.
A few year ago I made some shoe-ese (for those of you who don't know - these are covers for your bowling shoes so the bottoms don't get wet). I found this material a couple of year ago when Sharen and I were at a quilt show together and decided that we need new shoe covers.
Aren't they cute!!

Another reason I love this team is we can drink or not drink together.
We do some crazy thing when we get together. What happens there stays there. I can honestly say that Cheryl "hasn't done anything her Aunt Karen didn't do".

How old are you when you stop "drunk dialing"? As you know I got a cell phone this year. It seems Cheryl likes to use MY phone to drunk dial people. Bryan is her person of choice. (We know who mine is - don't we Andy) any way Cheryl decides to use everyone's phone last night to call her favorite.
Here I am trying to explain!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those calls are CLASSIC!