Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tags

I started quilting 12 years ago.
I am self taught and must admit I am not to proud of my first endeavors. So I did not like to tag my quilts. Still Don't!

After getting scolded by my sisters when I made them each a quilt for their birthdays a few years back, I try to tag my quilts with my initials and the year that I made them. I hide them so you really have to go looking for them, but they are there - somewhere.

I think my days of hiding are over. This Christmas I got tags from Mary and Erica.

My first quilt wearing the tag from Erica. It says "Quilted with Love". I signed my initials and date under the tag and sent it to it's new owner this morning. No turning back.

I have since decided that if I can sew a quilt I certainly should be able to try other things. Good Thing too!

The tags I got from Mary are going to have to be reserved for very specific, special people, because they say "Made by Grandma". So Roger is wearing them on his reusable diapers.


Dylan will be sporting his on his Colts PJ's. Yes, even with the sorry year the colts have had this year he is still a fan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Jackson's quilt!!!

Cheryl

Mich said...

And I love Sam's quilt.....and the new baby's - with the special new name tag.

Samantha keeps seeing it and saying, "that's my baby sister's blanket"

Thank you thank you!

Roger Flory said...

yay! i'm glad the tags are working out!