Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What Bird?

For some reason this year we have different birds around the yard.
We get the usual Robins, cardinals, Woodpeckers, Blue Jays and Sparrows.
 Right now we have 2 geese that must have made their nest along the creek this year, because they have not flown further north and just seem to hang around the yards.
They sure like to squawk when the old, grouchy neighbor scream  and yells at them. (better them than me, right)

I have been trying to get pictures of the rare ones so I can find out what they are.
I have narrowed down 2 - One is a Eastern Bluebird and the other is a Nuthatch.

This one has me stumped! I caught this picture only because this sucker had been trying to get at the string I had tied for my Clematis to climb. I have been putting extra string and twigs out for it so it would come back. I haven't seen it again, but the goodies I leave are always gone.



I hurried and emailed these pictures to Sharen for John, one of her firefighters, to look at. He is a Birdwatcher!! He didn't know off the top of his head and is going to get back to me.

In the mean time he told me of this wonderful website to look up birds.
Whatbird.com and since then I have gotten the old binoculars out and walk around with a stiff neck looking up in the trees.

No comments: