Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Here it is!

My quilting machine.
 It's big and scary and I am having so much fun getting to know it. It has handles for free styling, where you stand over the material and let your imagination take over. Or you can stand behind the machine and follow a pattern placed on the black table with a red laser light. I haven't tried that yet because I DO LOVE using my artful eye.
 It is 10 feet long and as you can see takes up quite a bit of the basement.
This is me free styling!
 I just noticed I am wearing one of Mom's shirts
 
I can't help but smile all the time I am using this thing, even when it sticks up on the tracks and ruins my design. HA, The design is only in my head - I am just swirling around acting like I know what I am doing. I'll be damned if the first few turned out ok.

I never in a million years would of spent this much money on something so frivolous just for myself, (and the people who receive my quilts) but I am so glad I did.
 I wonder if Mom knows how much fun I am having?!

Bryan and Sharen both must understand my excitement over my new found passion, because they each bought me quilting thread for my birthday. Mike made this dandy holder and now I am equipped with enough thread to keep me busy this winter.

My quilts now have a finished look to them and to think I, Karen, did it all by myself.
I wouldn't dream of quilting someone else's work, but who know maybe some day.

No comments: