Friday, November 1, 2013

Spooky Stories

Stacy's Literature class was having a "spooky Story" party and she invited all the parents of her class and ME.

Of course I wanted to bake something! Not allowed!
You cannot serve "homemade" fresh baked goodies to school classes anymore?!? What - but I'm a baker. ):

I settled on fresh fruit. I wasn't too sure that it would get eaten by the kids, but maybe the adults
would enjoy it. Oranges/pumpkins and Banana/ghosts.

Turns out the kids did eat them (after the cake that was brought in by a parent).
Stacy made a fire out of paper and we all sat around the campfire while the kids read their stories. I wasn't too sure about sitting on the floor, but I got down and up without any help.
She handed out marshmallow to "roast".


Stacy's class had to either write or read a spooky story. 6 out of the 7 kids wrote their own story. She had a flashlight to pass around.  It was your turn to read when you got the flashlight. The only one that I could understand was the kid sitting right in front of me. It was so cute, they all read real softly with their heads down. I asked her aide if they were always so quite. "Only when they're reading out loud!"

The place got louder when it was time for snacks.
I had a great time!
Thanks for the invite, Stacy.


No comments: