Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Quilts

I put my new quilting machine to good use this fall and made quilts for Christmas for all the family member who didn't have one.
Some were very easy to find the right pattern and material. Some I struggles with.
Is it the right color? What pattern? How big? What quilt pattern and thread color do I use and not take away from the actual quilt. (I am just learning this part)

Brian's was a no brainer - as soon as I saw this pattern on my quilt show I got online and bought it. I changed up the colors a little bit and was quite proud on how it turned out.
 I loved this pattern for Leslie's wedding quilt and knew I had to do it again. It made perfect sense for Stacy and Kory. The colors were supposed to be dark outside to light but I changed it up and went light to dark center. I like it! The quilting pattern was one I used for one of my mystery quilts. It came together nicely.
 For once all the kids didn't mind having their picture taken with me. Roger just wasn't getting off his new Harley Davidson big wheel to get on my lap though.
 I found the purple in Kaylyn's quilt first. You can't see it very well but it sparkles. The pattern I used once before, for Sharen, and swore I would never use it again. So Hard - but this smile was all worth it. Of course it's quilted with hearts.
 Logan's I wanted to make orange and blue, but not to obvious. Yeah he loved his too.
 Don't be fooled - that IS a smile on this boys face. His has my favorite pattern, the nine patch. The one thing with his was the size. I kept on adding borders to make it bigger.
 Luke is such a happy baby. His has sock monkey on it. I just had to make his bigger than his previous "Baby Blanket". Luke's and Roger's have matching material from one of Bryan's quilts that I made him a few years ago. When they get older they'll appreciate it more. I hope.
 Bryan put Roger's big wheel in the car to take home and so he finally agreed to take a picture with his "Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site" quilt. This was by far the most difficult to make, so much hand sewing. I told Mary I had a special one for Roger and she wanted to see it. I felt bad, but I kept putting her off. I had a surprise for her too. I took Roger's hand prints and quilted them into the quilt. Should be a keepsake!

.
After all the paper was cleaned up I got out the quilts and they opened them one at a time.
I was so nervous about all the quilts. I put so much time and love into all them.
I worried for nothing. Stacy text me a picture of her and the kids Christmas morning on their couch all wrapped in their quilts.
I cried...

No comments: