Thursday, March 20, 2014

Aaaaaaaa.......

I signed up to join a free quilting group online that was just starting a Mystery Quilt. I LOVED doing the ones with Brita's sewing group.

Your membership has to be approved, so I waited. I think they wanted to see how much you spend on their website. It's my go to website for specialty materials so I'm thinking my chances are good.
I got the email that said I was IN.
OMG - I am so (sew) excited.

Of course, like everything else online they want you to fill out a "About Yourself" form and post a picture. I filled out the basic info - Karen from Elgin, IL. and then I posted this picture for my profile.




Opps - I suddenly get an emails asking if I am a long arm quilter?! aaaaaa.......

What am I supposed to say - NO? Look at the picture you just posted stupid.
I thought about lying and saying I was just borrowing this one, but I hate liars, so I told her I just bought it and needed more practice before I felt comfortable with someone Else's work.

The website gives you 5 different color pallets for material. Pretty sure they want you to purchase  their fabric for your quilt. I didn't like any of them.

I hurry and downloaded the material requirements and called Sharen for a trip to JoAnne's. Turns out the coupons I had are not good until this weekend so I'm gonna wait to get my material. Not happy about it though.

Well, Part 1 of the mystery quilt came online yesterday with directions for cutting and sewing the first 2 blocks. Excitement is building.
I am torn -To be honest I am having a hard time waiting, just to use a 25% off coupon. Then again, 25% is 25% and the mystery quilt is a month long project so do I really need to get started right now.

Unless JoAnnes has changed their fabric selections since last week I pretty much know what is available there, so I am going to take a trip to Walmart and Hobby Lobby and see what they have to offer. Their material selections are considerably smaller and changing all the time, and it is cheaper. Maybe I will find something, maybe not, maybe I will find the color pallet I want to use  or just maybe wandering through the fabrics will be just the calming effect I need to wait till this weekend.

No comments: