Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Nothing but Dust

4 glorious days of perfect weather.
The perfect time to tackle the fall yard work, after sneaking in a Grandson's football game, of course.

 Everyone is outside. All around the neighborhood people are blowing and mowing the leaves.. A few are burning them - Shame on You!

The rest of us are trying to mulch them. It has been so dry out that it's like mulching sand. Dust everywhere.
I spent 2 days blowing leaves out around the house and then  mulching them into a fine powder. Enough work on the leaves! Time to plant my tulips and trim up my hosta.

I need to wait till ALL of the leaves fall. Then the forecast called for rain - Mike got up on the roof and blew the leaves off - raked them out away from the house and decided that he was going to mulch them.
I told him to be my guest - I am still trying to cough away all the dust I inhaled. Not to mention the dirt that got into my eyes. It was bad people.

I strongly suggested that Mike put on a face mask. He just got over a nasty upper respiratory infection.  No arguments from him!
 He had to stop a few times to unclog the build up of leaves under the carriage.
 Nothing but dust!
So, as much as I was hoping that a little rain would wet down the mulched leaves and dust - it did NOT rain and we have another beautiful fall day.
Good thing we didn't put away our lawn furniture yet. I can sit and watch the last of the leaves fall.

1 comment:

c_reuter said...

"Shame on you for burning leaves" Why? I threw some in my outdoor burner because I love the smell. Growing up we raked them to the street and burned them every year.