Sunday, October 5, 2014

Picker Uppers

That time of year again when the acorns have covered our lawn.
Some years are more intense than others and this looks like a year for the Acorns!
In the past Mike has sacrificed his back and raked up the acorns and we have had a bonfire to dispose of them. Makes for a colorful fire full of popping.

Well this year it looks like his back will get a rest, because we have help getting rid of the acorns.

Every morning for the last 3 weeks I have woken up to this.  These 2 beautiful creatures have been feeding in our backyard on the acorns. They sometimes come at dusk too, so our acorns are diminishing and my mower blades will be saved.
I thought it only fitting that I give them both names. I just can't keep yelling out "Hey, the deer are back."
2 songs popped into my head so -
The mama I call "Dandy" because she looks just dandy and I wonder "Where you gonna go now - Who you gonna run two?"
And her little girl I named Mandy "Morning just another day, Happy people pass my way"
First song by Herman Hermits and the second by Barry Manilow. :)

No comments: