Monday, November 24, 2014

Sisters

Thanksgiving was always a big get together time for our family.
Probably because we have a large family. We all loved being together.
Our families are even larger now and all of my sisters, and me, each go our separate ways on Thanksgiving Day.

I emailed my sisters (the ones nearby - love you and miss you, sister Mary) and suggested we get together for lunch before the holiday and connect with each other.
We do not do it enough.

We met at Applebee's.
Linda and Deanna were waiting when Sharen and I showed up. The hostess asked us if we wanted to be seated and all of us said "No, we still have one more" at the same time. We all said a few huhs, and ughs and a few whaaaat's and the hostess looked very confused and then we all said at the same time "It's a sister thing". Then we all laughed.

Man, did that feel good.
We sat around the table enjoyed our lunch and caught up.
I ordered a meal that Sharen said that it would be the last thing that she would eat. If EVER! Now I love it because we had it a lot growing up - she on the other hand hates it, because we had it a lot growing up. Grilled cheese and Tomato soup.

Vicki gets a free lunch when she find a large screw in her soup. She found it before she swallowed it or broke a tooth.
No more "soup of the day" for the rest of the customers.

Here we are!

People who I am very Thankful for.


No comments: