Thursday, March 19, 2015

Ham Dinner

My Husband and my Twin love ham dinners.
Sharen had a 7lb. ham in her freezer (a gift from Dup) and has been teasing Mike with a home cooked ham dinner since Christmas.

St. Patty's Day - perfect time to cook that bad boy.
Sharen, at the last minute, realized that 7lbs is a lot of ham, and invited Linda and Deanna for dinner too, and we all sat around our OLD dining room table and remembered.

Growing up Mom would take a cheap cut of ham and cook us all a boiled dinner, one of Dad's favorites. Ham butt, potatoes, cabbage, and carrots, cooked in an enormous pot,  and we would sit around this same table.

Sharen cooked Lugan cabbage, a recipe from her Mother-in-law. She made some mean dinner rolls and a debate happen on who loves bread the most. Linda and Deanna voted Mom. Mike chose me. I admitted to my love for all breads, but Dup can keep up with me (we each had 3 rolls). Sharen agreed that my love for bread goes unmatched, until Dup brought up Dave, their son-in-law. He seems to be the clear winner. I hear he can put away multiple rolls in one sitting.

Linda brought a delicious wine to share. Turns out just Dup and I shared the bottle. Thanks Linda, It was yummy!
It was a nice spontaneous dinner party. Something I think we should do more often.









No comments: