Wednesday, April 1, 2015

That'll Be a $100

That's what the "helpful" lady told me at AT&T when I called because our internet was down.
Looks like we have a bad modem and it will cost $100 for a new one.
The conversation took 50 minutes and I was transferred 3 times, because the "helpful" lady thought I was in Alaska.
Sorry, You are pissing me off and I am not paying $100. Goodbye!

I called 3 other places, 2 weren't available in our area and the other 1 was $69.99 in our area (don't believe their $19.99 commercial on TV, just saying).
After I calmed down I called AT&T back ready to pay the $100 and be done with it.
I got Matthew. I told him to just send me out the damn modem. He explained, in old people speak - that means he had to repeat it more than once to get through my thick skull -  that we have DSL. They are discontinuing DSL and we had to upgrade to u-verse. Why didn't the "Helpful" lady just tell me that. Why all the run around and aggravation?
Ugh - And how much is that going to cost us?
Nothing... This is where he had to repeat himself.

The installer will come out and GIVE us a new modem with faster speed and for a cheaper cost. Like 1/2 price cheaper.
I asked him if he was allowed to do an early April Fool's joke on customers, because after talking with the "Helpful" lady I was in no mood?
He laughed, apologized to me for her, and told me all he was saying was true and scheduled an appointment.
Derrick came out to the house and set us up. It took a couple hours he had to rewire the house for the faster and cheaper service, but as you can see, we are up and running.

I want to call Matthew's boss and tell him what a great employee they have and then I want to hunt that "helpful" lady down and hurt her.

Now that we are back among the cyber world I think I will just email AT&T and tell them.

No comments: