Thursday, April 2, 2015

Thank You Mother Nature

I got this beautiful dresser with a marble top as a gift from Bryan's great aunt on his father's side around 1972. Long before we were married.



Aunt Bea gave it to me. She was a round, short (5 ft) lady that made the best pork roast with sauer kraut. We just got each other. We spent time together in her kitchen, laughing. She loved me and I loved her.
It moved with me 5 times and it weighs a ton (marble top and all). Lately it has been in our spare bedroom holding everything that I can't throw out.
We got new furniture for that room so, I offered it to Bryan, seeing that it came from the Flory family originally and they now have room for it.
I was secretly happy he said no, because I love it and it reminds me of her.
I wanted to move it into our living room. It just needed a little clean up, both on the inside and outside.

I started with Murphy soap. With a lot of scrubbing and wiping and scrubbing and wiping I got the first drawer clean.
Before putting the drawer back together again, Mike caught me waxing the old wooden tracks on the bottom of the dresser with a old candle and asked me where I learned that. Internet? Nope, my Mother taught me that little trick.


I decided that using Murphy soap was too much work and got on the internet to find a better solution.
Mineral Spirits! Only problem there is, it STINKS. I didn't want to move this bad boy out into the garage so I just open up my windows and got started on the clean up job right here in my living room, in the sunshine, with the windows wide open.

SO Thank You, Mother Nature for this beautiful warm spring day!


No comments: