Saturday, April 25, 2015

Home Decor

I watch these TV shows about designing remodeled houses and cringe sometimes.

I would never put a white sofa in my living room, yet these designers seem to do it consistently. What makes them think that everyone wants white. Yeah, I would not make it as a designer.

At Steve's house last week, my solo job was to wallpaper his guest bathroom.
The paper he bought was shiny tiny patterned squares. I'm thinking way to go Steve! that's gonna look awesome. Then I opened the package and it was beige. His bathroom is light, white and silver, with gray accents.
"Steve, You cannot put this in that beautiful bathroom - I won't allow it!"
Good thing he agreed and went and bought white wallpaper. It looks like bead board.
So While we took a time out from the fireplace overhaul, Steve went into work.


Mike tackled his solo project - the kitchen light.
I got to work on his bathroom. I started to hang the first piece and stopped. "This looks just like bead board." Funny how that works! It just didn't work in this bathroom.
I made a "designer" decision and hung it horizontal. I LIKE it!
It was my first attempt at horizontal wallpapering and my last. Good thing this bathroom is small. Not easy folks!
Steve approved...Whew!

Turns out Steve know my taste in décor too.
I mentioned to him how much I loved his Tiffany lamps. The one in his blue spare bedroom has dragon flies on it and I love it!
I told Steve that if it was green it would turn up missing when we leave.
Yesterday the UPS truck backups into our driveway and drops off a package.
That wonderful, generous, loveable, kind, sweet man sent me this!!!
Is that not the most beautiful thing ever. He did good!
Really, who needs white when there is so much color out there?

No comments: