Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter & Logan's celebrates 13

Big celebrations last weekend.
Our Logan's 13th birthday and Easter.
Logan's birthday party was on Saturday so I invited the Flory family out for a Easter brunch, before his party in the afternoon.
You can hunt for Easter eggs any place, at our house, you had to follow a treasure map for clues around the house and yard to find your Easter basket/chest.

The boys dressed into their pirate costume and I handed them their first clue.
 The first 2 clues were in the house and then they had to find "Where the mailman puts our mail?" They weren't too sure (theirs comes into the house through a mail slot in their front door). Roger recognized the mailbox from the picture I drew on the map.
 Luke found the clue nailed to the "I have leaves and I grow real tall." tree.
 I put the treasure chests in the shed, with "I am red and Papa drives me around the yard" clue. I made them outa paper bags, but the boys thought they were real chests and that's all that matters.
 Treasure chest ripped open and dumped on the floor.
 Now lest go back outside and PLAY....
They were having a really good time standing on the hot tub throwing the balls on the roof and catching them.

Logan's birthday party started at 2.
Kaylyn giving her cousin Owen some love. She complained that they live too far away from each other and she doesn't get to see them enough. I agreed!
  The neighbors have a little boy who let Roger and Luke play with his toys. They had a good time tooling around the yard in this thing.

The neighbors on the other side have horses. 2 big ones and a miniature. This one was so friendly and let Roger pet him. Luke wasn't having any of it.
Logan opening his birthday present from Mike. Some baseball thing that is supposed to help with his swing. He liked it, so who was I to argue.
I decided to put together a book on Shutterfly of all the pictures I had of him from day 1.
I know I take a lot of pictures and I know there are times that I think I am missing out on something because I am off taking pictures of something else, but wow did I have a lot of pictures to choose from.  Now, I know why I always have my camera and I am so glad that I took them. 258 pictures with Logan in them.
There are some of just Logan, some of us and Logan, and more misc. ones, like turkey bowls, football, basketball and baseball teams.
I chose 196 pictures to use and gave him a 36 page book of his first 12 years.
Now he has a memory book of his Papa Down and Grandma Karen.

No comments: