Friday, June 12, 2015

Alfresco Dining

It didn't take me long - I found a perfect table for our deck.

Dylan, like most teenagers, was looking to earn some money, so I suggest he could power wash and stain the "hot tub" hole on our deck.


Before Dylan got to power washing.

While we had the power washer out and since he is so tall I had him go around the roof of the house and wash the eaves. Last year when I attempt it I got soak by the water splashing down. No surprise, Dylan stayed try.
Just watching him bend over gave me a back ache.
Painting in the cracks
 .
adding stain
He could reach everything painting in one direction. My grandson is one tall dude.
Check out his "sock" tan. I made him put on old shoes and take his socks off in case they got wet (from power washing) or he got stain on them.  He has been spending the majority of his off time (between football strength training and basketball camp) on the basketball courts at Chamberlain park in Genoa honing his skills.

I decided to put our new table and chairs on the lower level.
No need for an umbrella - Mother Nature provides us with one.

The upper level now has the sitting area.

 Needs color though - I'm thinking bright area rug!

The biggest thrill for Dylan -

Driving Papa's pickup truck home. He admitted to being a little nervous. It was his first time driving a pickup truck.

He did really good - Better beginner driver than I was, for sure.


No comments: