Thursday, June 4, 2015

All Gone

It came into our lives because Mike played softball 2 night a week and on weekends AND he had bad knees.
It grew on me and I used it more than I thought I would - and I enjoyed it in all seasons.
Bryan moved back home after college because of it. Ok , maybe because he had to save some money too.
Point is we got our moneys worth out of it.

And now 17 years later it's gone.
The motor was finally giving out on the old bugger and I just couldn't see putting money into it. We (meaning Mike) emptied it last fall and we got through a winter without it, which wasn't easy I might add.
 I wanted the space on the deck for a eating table and chairs.
Mike called around and they wanted $350 to come and take it away. Yeah, that wasn't happening so Mike and I  (mostly Mike) dismantled it and threw it on the curb.
GoodBye old friend.


Mike using his handy saws all

Cut up pretty fast


Half way there


easier than we thought
Mike dismantled the fiberglass tub, While I burned the framing. All the extra tubes and foam went into black garbage bags.
It came apart pretty quick. After calling our waste disposal company they told us just to stick some stickers on it and if one person can lift it they would take it. $22 later it gone!
A little clean up and some deck protector stain in the bare spot and we have a nice big spot for a table and chairs.
Time for me to go shopping!

No comments: