Saturday, May 30, 2015

Photomosaics

Photo mosaics - A large-scale detailed picture made up of many photographs.

Linda tells me she has a puzzle that her friend doesn't want. Doesn't want to fix it. Doesn't want it back. Doesn't even want to see it again. Linda can keep it.

She brings it over and I fell in love with it.

I have fixed a LOT of puzzles and this is by far the best one I have ever fixed.

It took me 3 weeks of daily sitting and staring at it to get it done and I can't wait to fix it again. Or if somebody wanted to get me a different one for say, birthday, Mother's Day, Christmas, Valentine's Day or even just because it's Saturday I wouldn't give it back.

There were numerous times that I sat there for 15/20 minutes and not put a single piece in, but I never gave up and sat there till at least one piece fit.
Just black and White and a few pieces of gray.
 This close up show each piece had only one direction to fit in, so I spent the better part of an afternoon turning each piece facing the correct direction and sorting by color. I found 4 pieces  that were hard to tell which way they went in.
It sat on my jigsaw table long after it was finished so I could look at it. Sadly I took it part this morning to give back to Linda so she can work on it.

I separated the eyes and the mouth in a separate bag for Linda to get started. She can throw them all together or fix them first, I just know that if she sticks with it, she is going to love it, just like I did.

No comments: