Saturday, September 5, 2015

Power Washing

2 neighbors were walking down the street as I was power washing our front deck. They wave.
N:"What are you doing?"
Having to turn off the washer to talk.
Me: "Ahhh, I'm power washing our deck." Which seems to me to be pretty obvious.
N: Why?
Me: Cause it's dirty - And I just might do the house next."
N: "Where's your husband?"
Now, I am getting really confused why she asked, or she is just getting stupid, but I answer nicely.
Me: "He's working, and I need to get back to work."

It blows my mine how little women in our neighborhood are not outside doing stuff. NOT a one! It's all men. Not one female (besides my sister, Sharen) does work outside. It's all men mowing, weed whacking, blowing driveways, trimming hedges: anything that takes a power tool and a little hard work they seem to shy away from. I want to pull them all outside and show them that it's great exercise. Yes, some is pretty hard work, but it's not a race do a little at a time, get some fresh air, and get something done.

So, being the great neighbor that I am -  I am going to continue to set a good example and power wash the whole damn house.

Done!
Yes, it was not easy and it took me 2 days to get it done, but boy did it need it and now it looks amazing.  I am so glad that it was hot, like really hot, out, because I got soaking wet.
I am sore, but guess what female neighbors I enjoyed doing it and my house is clean both inside and out, all because of me  - So There.





No comments: