Monday, August 17, 2015

Weekend Day 2

Ok these are in descending order, but you can get the idea.

I thought it would be cool to take Roger to the places that I took his daddy, so I planned a day at Lords Park. Turns out their petting zoo closed for the season on Friday.
Plan B we head out to the Randall Oaks petting Zoo instead.
Sharen warned me that it's not worth the money, but we went anyway. She was right, but Roger didn't care.
Roger the Llama
There are signs all around to be careful that the goats will grab your bag of feed. (small bag cost a $1)
 
While Roger was feeding this guy his brother grabbed Mikes bag as he was walking by. Ate the food bag and all.
 
 Roger got to pet a ferret.
 Sharen told me about a huge playground there, that you have to walk to. We stopped here but this did not feel right. This place was small.
We drove to the next parking lot and got out and walked down a path.
OMG good thing we did. She was so right. Roger and Mike had a blast. Someone needs to tell Mike that he's grown up now. This is only 1/2 of it.
 
Roger going down the tube slide.
 You guessed it - Mike soon followed. Bumped his head, but he made it down. I was pretty sure I would get stuck. I stayed on the open slides.
Then on to the tetter totter.
We were having so much fun and we had the place all to ourselves.
But it was so hot out, we put it on our list to come back, and headed home.

Roger has been asking if Uncle Brian could come play legos with him. He wanted me to call and invite him over. He was already planning on coming over for dinner so he just came early.
WITH MORE LEGOS IN HAND. They built a conveyor belt, a dump truck and a excavator that actually picked things up.
Mike sitting in the background is putting together a house that Roger dismantled.


We took a short break from building to venture outside in the heat. Roger had to show Uncle Brian his motorcycle.
He was very proud to ride in the street. His Mother gave him permission as long as he listened. It's a dead end street that sees maybe 10 cars a day.


I took this walk with him earlier in the day and when we got to the end of the block he turns it off so we could sit and enjoy the scenery. The neighbors must thought I had fallen down or something. I'm siting in the street next to Roger on his cycle.

No comments: