Monday, August 3, 2015

Birthday and Bears

Sunday, Mike and I went our separate ways.
Mike took Dylan and Logan, the football players, to Bears Training camp - first trip for the boys.
Mike and I took the kids to Plateville 30 years ago. Mike said things have really changed - from laid back farm fields to crowded, commercialized everything

And I met up with Bryan and his family to celebrate his birthday.

I have stored all of mine and Mike's LP's, including the Disney ones that Bryan listened to as a kid, and all of Lester's 45's that he had in his Jukebox, because Bryan showed interest in them.

I thought it was time to unload the vinyl, so we bought Bryan a record player for his birthday.
It also can play CD's and cassettes. More crap out of our basement into his. It also has the capabilities to transfer it to a computer.

The boys were very curious just how it worked. Bryan tried to explain it all. "This is how Grandma had to listen to music."
I took a few of the stored albums, CD's and 45's with me to check out how this thing sounded.

Roger thought it was cool that the black round things came from Uncle Lester. "That's my middle name."
 More music and more dancing.
Video will NOT upload - Boo Hoo!

Before the party, I met them at church - so when they were getting ready Roger insisted on wearing a white t-shirt underneath his button down shirt - Just like Daddy.

Roger, I am sure dreaming of taking it all apart to see how it works and just what all these buttons are for.

No comments: