Monday, August 29, 2016

"Wooden Spoon" salad

Back when Bryan was in middle school and even into high school (when he wasn't working), most nights Mike and him shared home made blizzards.

I would fill my grocery cart every week with snickers, butterfingers, milky ways, m&m's and anything else I could think of to make awesome "homemade" blizzards.

This was something that they shared just the two of them. I am not much of an ice cream eater.

Most of the time they made them together, but sometimes Bryan would pick his choice and Mike would be the one in the kitchen making them using my blender and spatula.

Mike comes out one night with a huge M&M blizzard for Bryan. His go to flavor back then. Surprise!!
As Bryan commences to eat it he bites down into something - not an M&M. Mike had used my wooden spoon instead of my spatula and got it chewed up in the blender blades. "I thought I got out all the pieces." The "wooden spoon" blizzard was born.
A story that we still tell and laugh about  today.
Last night I made Chicken Caesar salads for us for dinner.
I needed to jazz them up so I added hard boiled eggs, black olives, and to mine Heart of Palm and mushrooms.
Only thing is I was adding the mushrooms to Mikes, Oh Crap! He does NOT like mushrooms.

I picked out the pieces I could see, added more chicken (it's white too) tossed the rest of the salad all together and gave it to him to eat.
I call it the "Wooden Spoon" salad.

He ate it, He told me it was delicious. And no I did not tell him about the mushrooms.






No comments: