Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Extra! Extra!

I have always been a jigsaw puzzle fixer.
Starting back when we were kids and Mom would bring one along on vacations to the cabins up north just in case it rained - we would have something to keep us occupied (besides playing cards) till it stopped and we could go outside. That's also were I got my love for Pinochle. Playing with Dad.

I have always loved puzzles. Mom liked to fix them too. She fixed them all the way up till her eyesight went wrong.

Now thanks to my sister, Linda , who has an unlimited supply from a friend, I have been back to fixing them steadily. Some could say obsessively.
Each puzzle is different and it NEVER gets old. It challenges my mind and keeps me entertained. There is a feeling of accomplishment and comfort there for me.

There are some where there are pieces missing. That can get frustrating and I usually throw them out.
BUT never in all my puzzle fixing (There have been hundreds, maybe close to a thousand) have I ever seen this.

Duplicate pieces
I wish I had taken a picture of the puzzle all together - It was a fun one with gas pumps.
After it was all finished - I had an extra piece.

No comments: