Monday, May 28, 2018

Limb Down

I had just gotten home from the groceries store and was putting the few things I bought away and I heard a crack. I know that sound and took off for the hallway.
The neighbors tree limb fell on our deck.


It took out our tables and chairs. Thank the Lord no one was out there. I had just moved Mike's new grill underneath the over hang before heading out to the store. Whew! A portion of the limb hit the roof and bounced back onto the deck.
I knocked on the neighbors door and told him That HIS tree limb fell on our deck. He claims he didn't hear it. 
"Gee, That's too bad. Good Luck with that. You better call your insurance"
And that was all I got from him. I went over there the next day and asked him to remove the limb from our deck. He gave me a phone number for the guy he knows.
"You should be able to get him cheap."
I guess I was on my own.
I called our insurance - He came out and gave an estimate. $3515 for everything.
We have a $1000 deductible so I got to work getting the tree removed. 
I got this far on the clean up. I hacked at the branches and moved them to our fire pit for burning. Then I called MY tree guy. I knew I wasn't going to be able to do anymore. The rest was just too heavy for me. He came out that afternoon and told me he would stop by that night and get the rest for me. Boom - 15 minutes later the limb was gone! Only $125.



The insurance is sending out a contractor on Tuesday to give us some bids on what we want done. New gutter and roof repair. New railing and security screen for sure. They even included a new paint job for the whole deck in the insurance. That was one of my summer projects so Yes to that too.

We decided to go with padded deck lounge seating instead of a table - so a shopping we will go.







No comments: