Friday, June 29, 2018

Thought of Me

My neighbor, Margaret, thought of me.
Her Mother-in-law's best friend died. They were both quilters.
The mother-in-law asked Margaret to help her clean out her friends sewing center.
Margaret took one look at all the quilting stuff and thought of Me. She was taking a car load (she made 3 trips) out of her car and stopped me and Sharen and told me to take what I wanted. OMG! She had bins and bins of fabric. I told her I can wait till she gets organized and finds out what she wanted to keep and donate to her church and then I would look it over.
No, she insisted I help myself right then and there.
She handed me 3 large bins and I filled them up.
This lady knew how to shop for fabric. This stuff is "Quilt Shop" fabric. I pretty sure she didn't get this stuff from Joannes or Walmart or even Hobby Lobby.
I got very excited and emotional going thru this fabric. I could see this women's vision in some of the material. She was clearly a traditional quilter - like me.
sorting colors
I helped myself to colors I prefer, creams, golds, browns, reds, blues, and some black. She invited me back when she hauls the greens and the rest of the blues over. I tried to stay away from the theme fabrics. We talked about the "Quilt of Valor" quilts so She insisted I take all the patriotic prints.
I am now in the process of combining hers with mine. I can't show you it all, because that would mean I would have to get the bins out of my closet.
sorting just the cottons
I must admit - This is fun. I can't wait to get going on a quilt. I plan to make this women proud and show Margaret that she will not be disappointed she "Thought of Me".


No comments: