Sunday, July 15, 2018

Golf in Wisconsin

While most of my email coupons are for something to do with quilting Mike's is golfing.
When he asked me if I wanted to go golfing in Wisconsin I immediately answered Yes!
He got a coupon offer for Devil's Head resort in Merrimac. 2 days golf with 1 night.
I mentioned it to Sharen and they decided to join us. Yay...
They could only commit to one day of golf but that was ok with us, It's been too long since the 4 of us have been away together golfing.
We decided to head up the night before and stay over so we didn't have to hurry for golf the next day. Good thing because they had an afternoon special that the boys took advantage of - $25 unlimited golf. Sharen and I relaxed by the pool.

I wasn't sure that I would get through back to back days of golf, but I did it. I only got one round of  golf in last year and only a couple times this year, but my neck held up and I am ready to play.
The courses were not very busy and the weather was humid, but clouds kept the sun away.
Our second day it was just me and Mike.
We did have a few times when we were held up - like when Bambi here needed to cross the fairway to get to his mother.

I spotted a 3 ft. snake so I stopped going into the woods after any balls. No time wasted there.

Mike and I followed a groom and his buddies. They were having such a great time. They had music playing from their carts and kept the beverage cart girl jumping.
I did get a shout out from them from the other fairway on one hole that had a stone wall running across the fairway and I made it on my second shot. It actually hit the top of the wall and bounced forward. I got lucky.
They all gathered at the 18th green to finish together. Mike and just sat back and watched. Who can say that they followed a 14some?
It was so fun to get away for a few days and golf (without pain) with the Dupplers. I missed that.

We decided to take the shortcut home across Lake Wisconsin on the ferry. I have never been on a ferry you drive on. It was Awesome!
We got the first slot.
view out the windshield
I got out of the car to take a picture. It felt weird to leave car while we were moving.

I told Mike to keep his eyes out for some more getaway resort golf coupons. I could do that again.


No comments: