Monday, February 18, 2019

Luke turned 6

Luke, Our sweet, thoughtful, smart, charming little grandson turned 6. His party was during our vacation so Bryan brought him and his brother Roger out for a special birthday celebration with us. I mean what kid would not want another party and more presents. Owen and Mary had other plans.

When Roger was 2 I thought it would be a great idea to quilt his handprints into a quilt. Mary loved the idea so I made one for Owen when he was 2.
I have no idea how I skipped Luke - I really have no excuse - shame on me.
I had the handprints too. I remedied that this year.
Luke got his "Bug quilt" with his handprints quilted in.
Bug quilt

Now this young man is obsessed with Pokémon. I have no clue about any of it.
After a few texts with Bryan from the store I settled on a box filled with assorted things all Pokémon.
Sharing with Roger
I was almost excited as he was (very excited) when he opened it.  I scored him some cards he didn't have. Whew!
It all came in a tin storage box that he was certain would make a great lunch box.
6 already??

I got the connect 4 game out to try and beat Roger. We probably have played this game 200 times and I can say I have won 9. Yes, I know exactly how many. When I beat him the first game (I may have rubbed it in a little too much) I was shocked. He then proceeded to beat me all the rest. And I'm really trying. He can see moves so far ahead, it boggles my mind. Must be why he's so good at chess too.

It was a great afternoon.


1 comment:

SantaMedical said...

16 pre-programmed modes, 20 strength levels, and 2 outputs, this TENS Unit is versatile and can accommodate every sensitivity level and style of massage desired for pain relief, from deep tissue to low intensity.