Sunday, March 10, 2019

Bye Bye Tonsils

Roger had his tonsils out last Tuesday.

Bryan text me this picture saying they were going to be late. He had a little more than just his tonsils, but the Doctor said he did good and all went well.
Mike and I were in charge of the younger two. Picked them both up from school/preschool and had a great evening. For a little guy, Luke sure can eat. Mary thinks he could turn into a jelly sandwich - now I see why.
Owen still prefers his mother at bedtime.
After his bedtime book, he insisted on waiting for Mary. He started out siting on the edge of the bed to wait. I told him that was fine with me.
I assured him that she is coming home and will sneak in to kiss him goodnight.
 "OK, I'll just lay down, but I'm not sleeping."
He laid there and kicked his feet to stay awake. I knew that trick and put a blanket over him.
When I asked him what pillow he like to use he put his head down and went to sleep. Proved to me I still got it!

On Thursday, Mike and I went in to keep an eye on Roger while Mary worked. As a young boy, Mike loved to play battleship. He bought the game for Roger and they played and played.
Roger caught on pretty quick

Roger beats Grandma

I even took a try at it. Roger beat me....
Mike had a Doctors appointment on Friday so it was just me and Roger. I could tell he was hurting pretty bad. We spent time watching TV. Playing battleship and Connect 4.
I did manage to win a few games, but I notice it was only when his meds were wearing off. He clearly couldn't concentrate on his moves.
I helped him get started on his pile of homework.


Religion - Ash Wednesday assignment 
I really enjoyed it. I was a little bummed there was no Math. We laughed about the adjectives worksheet. He wanted a "pretty" pig - me a "stinky" pig. I told him I was going to take him to the fair so he can see just how stinky pigs really are.

I know it takes time for the healing process. I hope it goes fast for him.


No comments: