Sunday, March 24, 2019

Puzzle Warehouse

When Mike and I travel we have the pleasure of taking our time and making detours along the way. We get to visit many interesting place that we wouldn't travel just to see. Football Hall of Fame, Baseball Hall of Fame, Marine Corp Museum, Sox games and Cubs games - You get the idea. We are not big fans of "driving straight thru".
On our trip to Texas in February, Mike choose the Civil War battlefield in Vicksburg, MI. and my choice was the Puzzle Warehouse in St. Louis (Thank You Linda for telling me about it).
We got to St. Louis on our way home and the weather was horrible and the place was closed. I was crushed. I was looking forward to it for months.
Mike noticed that Logan had a baseball tournament in Jacksonville, IL over spring break and suggested we go to the tourney and drive the extra miles to St. Louis to see the Puzzle Warehouse.
I was Happy - Happy to be here



I  asked the lady if they sold these signs - Nope. I told the owner that old people (who make up the majority of puzzle fixers) are not always online and they need to get bumper stickers or decals for cars. She thought that was a good idea. 
Man do they have puzzles. Lots and lots of puzzles, games and "brain teasers" for all ages.
I slowly walked through the store to soak in everything. I started to notice different makes of puzzles. Ones I have never heard of.
I for sure wanted to try some - now the hard part, which ones?
I headed back to the over 2000 pieces puzzles section and really didn't find one worth the money. I still have a 6000 piece that Mike bought me to fix.
Hurry take the picture

 I did find a 24,000 piece that I thought was cool, but. it was 15 feet long. No place to put it in my house. It was so heavy. AND it was $343.00.

I walked back through and started to write down the makes of some of the interesting ones to look online to purchase. Mike is chirping in my ear - "get it, get it"
Dummy - just like Mike and Frank from American Pickers say "the time to buy it, is when you see it."

Didn't buy all these, but I wanted too

I chose only 4 to try out.
I cannot wait to get started and then share them with my sisters.
If you are a puzzle lover and ever get to St. Louis, or even close to St. Louis, you have to go here. I'm pretty sure that I will be making a return trip sometime on one of our travels.

Maybe by then they will be selling bumper stickers.




No comments: