Thursday, November 5, 2020

Control Burns

 We have a forest preserve at the end of our street. Every few years they do a control burn. Most of the time I just get to see the end results. It doesn't take much time to burn the small area.

This year Sharen caught the fire in action from her front yard and sent me a picture.

Fire view

By the time I got into my car and headed down there for a closer picture, this is what was left. Just a walking path of green grass threading thru acres of charred weeds. It's pretty impressive.

Field of burn
The weather was perfect for being outside so when I got back home I decided to get started on my winter clean up on the yard and have a control burn of my own. 
My control Burn
We are not allowed to burn leaves in our county, but I had plenty of scrap wood from cleaning out our wood pile. I decided to retire the old bags game and it found the pit too.

I will plead the fifth if asked if any leaves from the yard joined the crap wood. 😇

1 comment:

sisterLinda said...

better to ask forgiveness than ask permission!