Thursday, June 24, 2021

Owen started t-ball

 Owen is playing t-ball for the first time this year.

He had a game last Saturday that Mike and I went to to surprise him. He is playing in Park Ridge in a "SOX" league (I know Sox on the Northside?). He plays on the red team so I wore my red "Sox" hat. Yes, I am the cool Grandma. He was impressed.

He was very happy to see us and got the chance to show us how good he is at baseball.

No Mercy

He will shout "No Mercy" when he sees a good pitch coming.

He is one of the bigger boys on the team and can really smack that ball. He surprised us with knowing to run to cover the base instead of chasing EVERY BALL like most of the other kids. He did have a moment running out to right field when he stopped with 2 other boys who were playing in the dirt and picked up some to carry in his glove.

I loved to watch Owen play t-ball, but man the airplanes spoiled it for me. They flew over the field, very low, every 35 seconds. I know I timed them. I had a really hard time not looking up at them.


They were  so LOUD, you had to stop your conversations till they passed. I could never live in that neighborhood. I like sitting outside too much. 

No comments: