Thursday, June 17, 2021

Roger Dodger

 We finally got into the city to see Roger play baseball.

I was very happy to see he was carrying my number "12".



Watching from the dugout

Batters Box
He is just having a good time with his friends.
It also doesn't hurt that he plays for Culvers and there is sometimes ice cream after the game.

He is a very good hitter. He needs some work on his catching and throwing, but that's what the coaches are for - To teach.
So it was ok when the coach would call out - OK Roger! How many outs are there?
Hey Roger! Where are you going to throw the ball, if it comes to you? That's his job.
But it was always Roger this and Roger that. 
Now, we are sitting down the third base line and I'm just about to head over to the dugout and ask the damn coach why he is picking on Roger so much and not asking the other boys.

Mike turns to me and says with a smile in his voice.
I'm pretty sure he's saying Dodgers.
Roger the Dodger


OOPS...
My Roger is a Dodger and that is exactly what the coach was shouting.
I'm glad I stayed seated.

No comments: