Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Lights out AGAIN

So our power went our last Friday night. We knew the storms were coming and we both had our phones charged and flashlights and lantern in view. I was in the basement (no surprise there) . Mike joins me just as the power went out. 

It was a chilly night and the damage in the neighborhood was extensive. Our road was blocked by fallen tree, which the township came be cleared before the morning. We head out for my coffee, gotta have coffee and saw this. This is what happened to our neighbors. 

Thru the roof.

2 huge limbs fall thru their roof down to the basement. Fire dept. came and told them they had to leave and turned off their gas - power was already out. They both are in their late eighties and refused to leave. So sad…

Turns out the wind took down some trees that took down 2 power poles 5 houses down from us. One pole had to be replaced - I think they just straighten the other. Anyway wires were hanging all the way down to our house. 

Have to hand it to ComEd they were right there. One morning in full force. 12 trucks.

Lining our street

They needed to get to the pole behind our neighbor nd the clearest path is thru our side yard. Not sure if these guys are idiots or just don’t care. BUT IT RAINED ALL NIGHT. They got the bucket truck stuck in the mud before they could get to the pole. The workers had to climb the pole old school. 

I wonder how they are going to get that truck out. Oh I know get another truck to pull it out. IT RAINED ALL NIGHT! That truck gets stuck too. I went out there told them I appreciate the quick work that they are doing and please could you stay off of our septic field. Then we left the house. I couldn’t watch.

2 truck now stuck

This is what we came home too. Our side yard is destroyed. Breaks my heart.




I know they have a job to do. I know they don’t want to make a mess of anybody’s yard. We have no control over it. They promised to have a landscape company come fix it. I have to trust them. 



2 days later, it storms again. We now have a lake we call Lake ComEd.


Rain, Rain, go away


No comments: