Saturday, July 22, 2023

GK Golf Outing

 Genoa Kingston school district does not charge students to play sports. All kids wanting to play sports are allowed for free, and it doesn’t matter how many sports they want to play.

Mike and I have 2 grandsons who played. Dylan played football and ran track. Logan played football, basketball and baseball - again all for free.

When both Dylan and Logan showed an interest in playing golf Mike thought it would be a great way to spend time with the boys and to support this great tradition of free play!

Proud Grandparents 

This year was our 3rd year playing. This was also the year that both boys were old enough to have alcohol. What fun we had… I told Mike it was fun to watch them drink while golfing. Oh, the memories that brought back to us. The more they drank the better they got. Logan’s drives were so long I not only didn’t have to hit my drive, but I stayed in the cart till it came to chip (if we weren’t on the green) and putt.

Logan knows I love the smell of a good cigar.

This one’s for you, Grandma

So we got to the green for longest putt for women and our best ball was closer than the longest putt made. Dylan said “Grandma we don’t have to use that one, let’s use one farther away - you can make it” I laughed at him, but then Mike and Logan both agreed to use the farther one. So I stepped up thinking I had to do this for these guys. We used all their shots to get to the green the least I could do is putt one in.

Well I made it and, for the second year in a row brought home the trophy.



Longest putt trophy 
We had a great dinner and the boys went off to finish their evening at the local watering hole and Mike and I went home and crashed in front of the TV. It was a Great time with our GK athlete grandsons.


No comments: