Saturday, August 12, 2023

Don’t fence me in

 The fence across the back of our property is not ours. The large estate behind us had this fence going around the whole property. I liked the rustic charm. The owners passed away and sold the acreage to builders. The fence slowly rotted and started falling down. Mike and I repaired the section behind us many many times.

The property was separated into lots and soon large houses were built on tiny lots. One of the owners/builders decided to build a HUGE house on the lot behind our neighbor. I hunted him down and asked him if he would mind us replacing the run down fence. 

He told us to go for it. We agreed to take down the old fence and he agreed to dispose of it. Win! Win!

Our only problem - we had a tree right smack in the middle of where the fence would go. He let our tree guy come in from his empty lot on his side of the fence. This guy could be a jerk about all this, but he was such a nice guy. First step tree comes down. I was so happy they didn’t have to come in our backyard with the trucks. Luis was happy he could get it all down from his bucket truck.


We got an estimate we both liked and ordered the fence. Yippee - I was getting a new fence.
It took about 6 weeks for the material to be ordered, which was good I had some plants to move. I lost bout 2.5 feet of garden, which I am ok with. Better yet, now all the electric and cable wires under ground are behind the new fence.
Fence posts are cemented in

Day 2 the fence goes up.






I love the new fence.