Saturday, June 1, 2024

Owen Tree

 Last May for Mary’s birthday Owen wanted to pick some of my flowers around the house. He made a beautiful bouquet of my peonies. As he was picking he found a tiny tree growing between the plants. It was just a stick with a tiny bud on the top. 

Sweet Owen wanted to rescue the tree. He helped me dig it up and I let him pick a spot where he wanted to replant it. He chose a place in the back yard ‘out in the open where it could get sunshine and grow big”

I had a hard time mowing around it - even ran over it, but that tree was not going to give up. It grew, just like Owen said.

Owen tree this spring 

We’re both pretty proud of this little thing. 

I wasn’t sure if the cecada were going to show up in our yard (they did last time), so I promised Owen I would protect it.

All wrapped up

We haven’t gotten any bugs yet, but they can find something else to feed on if they do come.

The Owen tree is safe.

1 comment:

sisterLinda said...

Saw the tree and it’s really cute. Great save!