Thursday, September 17, 2009

Jersey Boys



Everyone is telling us you HAVE to go see Jersey boys, so when my niece Carrie saw it and came home raving about it I got online and bought tickets to go see it for Mike's birthday.
Wednesday we hop on the train and head on down for the matinee. It was all they said and more. We both loved it!!!!
Mike had a hard time seeing it though. When we got out of the train station he switched his glasses to his sunglasses and stuck his regular ones in his jacket pocket (that he was carrying). Yup they fell out somewhere on the walk over. I do have to admit that Chicago has really clean streets downtown. We should know we walked about 6 blocks retracing our steps with our heads down looking.

We had plans with Bryan and Mary for dinner and decided on Harry Careys. We head on into the bar to wait. There was a camera from Comcast Sportnet laying on the bar and Mike jokes with Frankie (the bartender) about being on camera. Turns out that is just what happened. This guy is a weekly guest on the Chicago Tribune live show and he pours a customer a beer on the promo. Wed. it was MIKE! So cool.... I tried to tell him I planned it all for his birthday, but he wasn't buying it.

Our dinner was good too. I had the fettuccine with scallops and shrimp in champagne sauce - Hello I think that dish was made just for me. I had to talk Mike into getting the $43 steak and he said it was really good. It's a birthday celebration after all.

Bryan and Mary joined us on the walk back to the train station. Chicago's downtown is pretty quite after 8:00. We did pass some workers power washing the sidewalks in front of Andy's building. (now I know why they were so clean that afternoon).

A great birthday celebration.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Bill and I went a year ago with Dick and Karen Becker. We had free train/bus ride cards. Had lunch before the matinee and got Garrets before coming home. Jersey Boys was one of the best ever!!!! Of course, we got $1 hamburgers at Rookies to finish a wonderful day. Retirement is fun!!!!