Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend

This weekend was the big estate sale.
After our moving sale on Kate St. I swore to myself that I would never go through that again. One thing I did learn from that fiasco was to go on ebay if you didn't know a price and we did NOT put out the gold jewelry.
I helped carry stuff to the garage. I painted road signs. I even help price some things, but when it came down to people coming in and going through all Dar's stuff I just couldn't watch. So I used my birthday as an excuse and on Friday after getting some acupuncture I headed to the city to spend the afternoon with Bryan. We took the brown line downtown and had a couple beers at the Tilted Kilt.
When Bryan was in college I would go into the city to give him a ride home for the weekend we would always eat at the China Buffet so we got dinner there and of course we ate too much.

Saturday I took a bike ride with my twin and - I am kidding you not - going down Shady I got hit by a falling acorn. Sharen thought it was very funny and laughed real hard.

After the sale Kathy (Mike's sister), Bryan, and Brian went out to dinner with us to the Village Squire. It was Oktoberfest so I got the Schnitzel with dumplings and Bryan got the Sauerbraten with potato pancakes and of course both came with sauerkraut. We sampled each others and both were very good. The rest of the group ordered boring pork chops, fettuccine and a hamburger. I did get a free Mia Tia too.

I got so many cards with nice letters this year. I was overwhelmed with all the kind thinsg said. I will admit I did cry reading them. I cried the most when my Granddaughter gave me a card and told me it was caused she loved me. It played "You are my Sunshine". My favorite baby song.

No comments: