Friday, December 10, 2010

Knock, Knock

Who's There?
That would be nobody...
Today is the last day for workers at 300 Lake St.
The old Courier News building is turning out the lights and folding up shop and moving the paper. The paper will still exist, but most sales people and reporters will be working out of their homes, and the headquarters will now be in Aurora.

I made one last visit.
My last time here I was carrying out my belonging in a box.
It was nice to go back to visit with old friends.


I got a few hugs from the newsies (reporters)and a warm reception from the new boss in Advertising. I trained her 6 years ago.
My desk was the same as when I left it, so I sat down and made some phone calls to some friends at other plants. It really felt good to catch up and to know that they miss me..

I walked around the building and thought of old times and old friends.


Business Office/Sports Dept.



Old Dispatch Department



Old Composing Room
They asked if there was anything that I wanted. I told them No - I took everything when I left 20 months ago.


Oh yeah, maybe there is just one thing - a piece of the old press that we used as a door stop.


>

No comments: