Monday, December 27, 2010

Unplugged

I have been unplugged from my computer.
I haven't blogged. (oh yeah and heard about it too)
I haven't checked my e-mails. (sorry if I didn't respond to your Christmas wishes).
I haven't even turned the damn computer on.
I spent the Christmas unplugged.
I had a great one though.
We had our normal breakfast Christmas Eve morn with the Duppler family. You can tell who just got back from vacation. Hint: They have the tan faces.

I missed my Bryan. This was the first breakfast he has missed in the 26 years we have been doing this. He was with Mary and her family in Cleveland.



Matthews just wanted his pancakes and of course after Uncle Mike suggested it - ketchup on his sausage. Carrie says he would put ketchup on everything if she let him.


We spend the afternoon at Carrie and Dave's so Matthew could nap. The grownups played a very addicting game called "Apples to Apples". AWE, COME ON!!!! was repeatedly shouted. LOUD!!

Mike and I got home in time to put the ham we won at the moose in the oven. Nebraska corn and potato casserole soon followed.

The food turned out pretty good, but it's the presents that made the evening.

Kaylyn loved her doll and all it's clothes. Stacy noticed right away that the pajamas matched the quilt I made for Kaylyn when she was born.


I bought the boys Zumba pants. I wasn't sure how they would like them, but they loved them. Dylan got White Sox and Logan, the Flordia Gator, Tim Tebow fan got Bronco orange and blue. Logan's pants were way too long so he asked me to fix them. LIKE RIGHT NOW.
That turned out to be quite the challenge seeing that I just opened my second bottle of wine.
It all worked out.
Here they are being silly modeling their pants doing their cousin Jon imitation. They thought he was pretty cool when he showed up to the Turkey bowl with a cut off t-shirt sleeve for a hat. They are wearing the cut off pant legs.

We played a few games of "Apples to Apples" while the kids played twister. Kory is not a game player, but even he had fun. Notice the boys still wearing the "Jon" hats.

It was a very quite night - just family spending some fun time together.

2 comments:

c_reuter said...

They are called Zubaz pants not Zumba. I was wondering why I didn't get a copy of the Turkey Bowl yet. Didn't know you were unplugged. Jon must have gotten his before you became unplugged.

Mich said...

Isn't being unplugged the best? I just logged onto my computer for the first time since before the weekend and I loved every minute of being away!

Go Tebow - love the little fan!

What a great breakfast tradition - I want to start some traditions for Sam...cookie baking in our aprons is definitely on the list!!!