Wednesday, June 27, 2012

UFO's

So far this summer my book reading has been murder, mayhem and detective books, so I decided to look up one of my favorite "fluff" writers Jennifer Chiaverini. She writes a series about the Elm Creek Quilters. I love, love, love these books.

As I was reading one of her first books that I hadn't read yet, (I don't know how that one got by me)it got me thinking!!!

Like all quilters I save all pieces of everything that I think someday will "be a quilt!"

The bottom of my closet in my sewing room is full of bags of scrapes and UFO's.

What you ask is a UFO?
Unfinished objects - the remnants of quilts not done or squares not used.

I keep telling myself that I am going to make a scrape quilt, for me, of pieces of the quilts I made for everyone else. Sounds like a great plan right? I think so too, so for the past few days I have been sorting my stash.

I guess I didn't realize just how many quilts I have made. This one looks like it's going to be #40.

As I am sitting here sorting through all these bags of scrapes I CANNOT wait to see the finished project.

I will for sure post a picture, but give me a few weeks - I just got online and found 4 more books of Chiaverini's I haven't read yet.  Wooo Hooo!!


No comments: