Thursday, July 5, 2012

Summer Thanksgiving

My family always got together for Thanksgiving. The family has gotten bigger and we (the sisters who hosted these events) just simply ran out of room to hold everybody. Bummer....

My grand plan was to host a summer thanksgiving picnic this year. The 4th fell on a Wednesday, so I was hoping that most family wouldn't have plans and come on over.

We had a Thanksgiving picnic - Turkey and all.

We put on a spread picnic style.
It was hot - Africa HOT!!! But that didn't stop us from playing bags. Erica and Stacy whooped on Craig and Joe.
The kids (big and small) gave the slide a work out. All the little kids with head bands straight from the freezer, compliments of Uncle Brian. I was exhausted just watching them playing. Aparently there is a video on facebook showing Jack sending Matt in the air. That went on for quite awhile.
Craig was the first in the parade of big kids. Sorry I did not get a pic of  Dup.
Then Bill
Then Mike
It was very sad that Roger and Mary both were not feeling well and couldn't join us, but Roger sent his water play table with his Daddy for the twins to play with. They both had a really good time with their Grandma.
Mother was really excited about seeing everybody again (she stayed outside for almost an hour and stayed inside for several more) and I am glad that everybody stuck around in spite of the weather.

Seems I wasn't the only one missing my family. My favorite picture I took was the one I saw from my kitchen window while I was cleaning up the dishes.

No comments: