Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's Grandma

I got to spend the weekend with my little man, Roger, while his parents took a quick trip to Springfield for a wedding.

I am sure glad I was there when he went down for his nap cause he didn't seemed surprised to see me when he woke up. I gently opened the door and announced "It's Grandma" and he let me pick him up out of his crib. He did look around to see if Mommy or Daddy were there, but he seemed ok with just me.
*Now on Sunday morning it was another story. He woke about 6:00 but tossed around till 6:45 so I opened the door and said "good Morning Roger - It's Grandma" he looked behind me and then threw himself down in the crib and crawled to the corner and started to cry. Yikes - I think he was wanting his daddy. I just sat down in the glider and talked to him for awhile and he came around.

The neighborhood block party was in full swing on Saturday afternoon so we took a walk to see all the excitement. His little head turned from one side to the other to watch all the kids and the water slides and bouncy houses. He seemed to groove to the music too. He didn't even mind the rain storm we got caught in.

Bryan warned me that he has taken to adult food and will feed himself - lots. I think he has his fathers appetite, because he ate and ate and ate.

He also has advanced to walking and climbing on everything. I was putting dirty dishes in the dishwasher and I looked down and he climbed up on the door and was throwing silverware out of the basket. I was sure glad that  there weren't any knives in there.

 He thinks Papa's drink is better than grandmas. *Mine is sitting there on the shelf.

 He patiently waits for his soft ice cubes from Grandmas glass.
 And he know what button to push for a self portrait.


I love
How he giggles when anybody sneezes - including people on TV
 how he nods his head and says "Da" to mean yes.
 How he will shake his head no when he doesn't want anymore food or ice or books or pretty much anything.
How he raises his arms to be picked up. I think he is trying to say up, but it just comes out a grunt.
He will slide things under the couch and under the carpet and looks at you to say "where did it go?" and he finds it for you.
He can endlessly be put ON the couch just to show you how he slides off feet first.
He buries his face in pillow and the boppie.

Best part He will cuddled with me before bedtime and we read so many books.

He is changing so fast, every time I see him he entertains me with new antics.

No comments: