Friday, October 5, 2012

Splitting Wood

We had a tree that was dead in our backyard. Sharen had one in her front yard so we tag teamed for a better price and scheduled them both as one job. They came on Monday and had them both down in a couple hours.
That left us with some major wood to be split.
Tree at our house coming down.
The tree at Sharen's
We rented a heavy duty splitter and got to work. We started on Tuesday and had a few visitors.
Anyone that showed up we put to work.
 - Bill showed up with his work gloves in hand and jumped right in
  Linda came all 3 days down at Sharen's house (Even in the rain on Wednesday) and took her turn manning the blade lever.
We would fill Brian's truck and while they were unloading at our house I would take wood left behind and stack it in Sharen's yard and pile the crap wood on the fire.
I drove my tractor down from our house.
 
The boys were off school on Friday and wanted money for their Halloween costumes so they stacked this big pile of wood over behind the shed. They loaded the cart. I pulled it over (with my tractor) and they stacked all this wood! We made about 35 trips. Besides loading and stacking - Logan would drive the tractor and Dylan threw crap wood on the fire.They were such a HUGE help!!!!
I was so proud of them. They earned every penny I paid them. I couldn't help and think of Mom. She was whispering in my ear "pay them what they were worth". It was more than $20 Mom. :)

We still have some logs from our tree to split. We only have the splitter for a week so it looks like we will continue right through this weekend. So don't look for me in the Chicago marathon - we have one of our own in our backyard.

No comments: