Saturday, October 27, 2012

Surprise!!

I like surprises.
Soft surprises.
The Pumpkin Spice coffee mate in the door of the frig,
Mike making dinner while I am at Aqua-fit class,
finding the right material in the flannel aisle,
and random picture texts, kind of surprises.

NOT the jump out and stop my heart, sneak up behind me, and make me scream kind of surprises.

So when I walked into the house and saw a package from UPS with my name on it on the counter I was happy surprised.
I gave Mike the "OK, how much did you spend?" look and he raised both of his hands in surrender and said "No, It wasn't me!"

It only took me a minute to be annoyed. I am thinking someone forgot my birthday was last month. (I later found out that that was true) and this person doesn't know me very well to send me this.

Cupcakes - really - everybody who knows me knows that I am not a cake fan. Now I need to know who they are from.
Borderline pissed right now. Who in their right mind would waste their money by sending ME cupcakes?

I open the box and there is no card, just 48 mini cupcakes. Of course, I am convinced that who ever send these to me didn't included a card on purpose.

After closer inspection I realize maybe this person does know me.
The box was this pretty tie die, and these weren't just any cupcakes - These were "carrot cake" with cream cheese frosting. Pretty decorated!
Hummmm... "Baked by Melissa" with 20 cupcakes stores in and around New York. I was pretty sure I knew who sent them now!

I got a phone call last night and sure enough I was right. My birthday did slip Steve's mind, and he did send me this wonderful looking cupcakes in the mail.

I haven't tried them yet. Steve is coming for a visit soon and I will wait till then so we can try them out together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!!! I LOVE cupcakes and if I remember right it was my birthday too. If you need any help with those, just let mew know.